The owner of this handsome 1969 Mercedes Benz 280 SL Pagoda has overseen a lot of recent work on this car including a high quality repaint in its original Signal Red color. Full description, photos and owner’s contact information is below.
NEW: Bumpers, door sill aluminum trim and rubber, black Hartz soft top (perfectly and tightly installed w/ new top side window seals), exhaust tips, hubcaps, correct salt and pepper carpet and both trunk mats.
– New red/black Coco Mats
– Tires are as-new
– Original seats and door panels near perfect
– All chrome light surrounds and body side trim are excellent- no pitting, rust, damage, or fading
– Tinted glass
– Windshield is perfect, no pitting, chips, or wiper marks
– Original, working Becker Europa radio
– Correct thin rubber gaskets around bumper guards and around chrome strip below trunk lid
– Mechanically excellent, starts easily, idles and shifts smoothly, does not smoke
– Recently serviced and checked by my local Mercedes dealer who confirms engine and transmission performance
– Red hardtop is near perfect, no damage to tinted class. The headliner is clean and bright with one very minor stain. All trim and rubber on hardtop is excellent, as is the interior rear wood window trim.
– Tail light plastic is perfect and the chrome surrounds are shiny and excellent originals
– Headlight chrome is perfect and the passenger side plastic excellent
– Original jack, tool set and case, all manuals, pouch, and wheel chock are present
Faults: Minor scratches on both sides door glass, minor vinyl repair on lower outside of driver’s seat near the base [very difficult to see or photograph], small cracks [1/2″] on grill side of plastic headlight surround. Scratches on lower windshield trim on passenger side.
This SL is, by inspection and by driving, a very well cared-for that has been thoughtfully brought up to near-show cosmetic condition. It is not a show car, but a superb driver. It is worthy of consideration for anyone who wants a terrific looking, excellent running driver.
Pre-purchase inspections welcome.
Price: $65,000 or best reasonable offer
Contact owner: Mike – Ph: 610-393-6227 or email: mapetr1 (at) hotmail.com